Gemini Butt Plate

chunter177

Hi guys and gals,

After much consideration I've decided to start the hunt for a Gemini Butt Plate (ACTIV) - like this one:

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog/system-gemini-activ-free-rifle-butt-plate-p-18.html

Thanks to Edinkillie for the link - I'm not promoting their site by the way!!!

Can anyone help? It's to fit an 80s/90s Anschutz 1913-style stock.

Many thanks all!

Kind regards.

Chris

Have you had a good try with one?

I use one on my FR703, but to be honest, I can't say its much better than a MEC Freeposition and similar ones.

Before you 'invest' your hard earned dosh, I would suggest giving one a good try. They rarely come up, and you may, if you really desire one, have to buy new. At least, you'd get the colour you like.

Jonty

Sound guidance Jonty. I was hoping to get a go at the ESSU champs but my kind volunteer disappeared though I'm sure I'll get another go subsequently. I've been advised against Tec Hro as the build quality has been poor; Mec was an option. I still feel the Anschutz Armadillo is a bit pants.

Are you going to the 50m Champs in June?

If so I may have one that you can try. I say 'may' - I am picking up a rifle for my daughter this weekend which has 2 Gemini Butt plates with it. I will take a pic of the butt plate and if it is what you are looking for you are welcome to try it out. I won't be selling it but at least you'll know if it suits you.

Cheers

Mark

Sound guidance Jonty. I was hoping to get a go at the ESSU champs but my kind volunteer disappeared though I'm sure I'll get another go subsequently. I've been advised against Tec Hro as the build quality has been poor; Mec was an option. I still feel the Anschutz Armadillo is a bit pants.

Ive not seen a TecHro in the flesh.

The thing about the 'Armadillo' (4760) is that G&E made an almost identical copy of it, and Anschutz have re-introduced an updated version, so there must be strong demand for them.

I like the 4765 too, but my favourite has to be the MEC Free position. Easy to use and looks great. Trouble is, again, not many come up second hand.

try before before you buy is my advice.

Jonty

Ive not seen a TecHro in the flesh.

The thing about the 'Armadillo' (4760) is that G&E made an almost identical copy of it, and Anschutz have re-introduced an updated version, so there must be strong demand for them.

I like the 4765 too, but my favourite has to be the MEC Free position. Easy to use and looks great. Trouble is, again, not many come up second hand.

try before before you buy is my advice.

Jonty

I've got 2 of the Tec Hro Fusion butt plates and there's nothing wrong with the build quality!! I've got a 3rd one on the way too..