Cardiff Hotel

acrybb

Guys,

Are any of you going or thinking of no longer going to Cardiff for the Welsh open?

I have managed accommodation for the 15/16th October and for some strange reason and I cannot think why the 17th is booked out literally everywhere.

Anyway as the egg chasers have monopolised the entire bed space of South wales. I am looking for someone who is considering not going and I could maybe take their booking?

Last ditch attempt before just biting the bullet and buying a sleeping bag for the car.

Thanks

Andy.

Edited by acrybb

The Quarter Finals of the Rugby World Cup are being held on the 17th and 18th of October in Cardiff, that's why you cant find a place to put your head down.

If you can find anywhere, grab it quickly as a lot of other people are going to be in the same boat.

Alternatively find a place outside of Cardiff and drive in.

Edited by GaryD

Yeah the egg chasers have screwed us all up. How dare they have a match on the same day as the Welsh open.

I want to limit the driving as I will be driving from glasgow so no more than 30 minutes driving to and from if I can help it.

I do have an offer from a friend to share on that night but it has to be a last resort.

The airbnb thing turned up some results so I will investigate them.

I assume you've given Sport Wales a call - they have accommodation in the main building (and a decent breakfast!) for about £35/night.

It does go really quickly though, so I suspect they'll be booked out for the weekend, if not with shooters then with other sports who are running training camps that weekend (I gather Hockey are notorious for pre-emptively booking out entire corridors of accommodation, before dropping half of it at the last minute when they realise they haven't got that many participants coming).

Definitely try AirBNB, but also widen your search. I've commuted from Cardiff to Tondu (near Bridgend) in the mornings for shoots, and it's not been too bad - 25-30 minutes depending where you are in Bridgend, so whilst it's maybe a bit further than you want to go, you could do that in reverse.

If you can find a room anywhere the price will be ridiculous,£500 a night was the cheapest I could find online,we've booked a caravan on a holiday park 30 miles away!!

Hemmers: I am staying in Sophia gardens the 15th & 16th.

It will be the car or my last resort offer I think. I will continue to look. I found an airbnb guy about 10 mins walk from the venue so far no response from him.

We shall see what happens but ideally someone on here will be cancelling and I can see about switching their booking to my name if that is at all possible.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

The WAA Board has, today, taken the difficult decision to cancel the 2015 Welsh Airgun event.

The clash with the two World Cup rugby matches in Cardiff is/will make it very difficult to get reasonable accommodation in Cardiff and it was decided that moving the event was too much of a risk from a financial point of view.

It is planned to hold a 2016 Welsh Airgun event in Cardiff, and efforts will be made to try and make sure that the date does not clash with events at the Millennium Stadium.

Yeah, thank you. I saw that.

They have a long time to re-arrange an alternative location but I guess it's either not possible to relocate to the North wales venue for example or somewhere else.

Thanks for the help on this

Andy.