Supermatch Or Xx11 Prone Rifle Found

tim g

Hi Tim G

FYI, Arthur Harvey at Budleigh Farm had a nice 1811 for sale when I visited him a few months ago. If you're interested why not ping him an email, you'll find his details at www.budleighfarm.co.uk

I bought a new '80's 1811 and had it bedded by Accuracy International. The rifle is easy to setup and achieves a nice position with almost no movement on recoil. I've enjoyed shooting it for many years and I'd certainly recommend one for prone. It's currently mothballed as I've bought a Gemini / Maddco combo and I'm enjoying the challenge of achieving that elusive perfect position. Sorry Tim, before you ask, there's no way I'd sell the 1811.

Tim,

At 6' 1" an xx11 stock should be ok. These are a little longer in the butt than xx13 and xx07 rifles (back in the day when these were designed prone positions were a lower and wider), and can be a bit too long for those of average height, whereas you just wouldn't need to extend the butt as much.

Raiser blocks for the sights may be your friend.

Cheers for the pointers Tim. I'll happily extend the search to include xx11 rifles too. If only I could find a way to edit the thread's topic line!

T

To change your header,

In your ad, click on 'edit' then 'full editor' and then you can change the header.

As for the ammo, Edge is about £112 per 1,000 (With a bit of discount for 1k) so thats £56 per 500, then £5.60 for a box of 50. Sounds good to me for a nights shooting.

Ensure on your Firearm cert application you have authority to possess max 1500 and to purchase max 1,000. At the least. I know FEO try to get you to have less, but as an avid shooter who is attending many shoots, that is a reasonable amount to have.

You shouldnt have to spend all your time travelling to buy ammo from your nearest gun dealer who has the type of ammo you require, especially if the dealer is some distance away and difficult to get to.

I hope my comments may help.

Jonty

Super - Edited now, thank you

Yes, my FEO agreed to 1250 rounds without fuss and my club usually bulk buys Edge after a few members have batch tested at Eley. They work on the principle that if a batch works well through 2 or 3 Match 54s it's 'likely' to work well through other Match 54s also.... not perfect, but it seems to work ok

Comments are always welome :)

T

Hi Tim G

FYI, Arthur Harvey at Budleigh Farm had a nice 1811 for sale when I visited him a few months ago. If you're interested why not ping him an email, you'll find his details at www.budleighfarm.co.uk

I bought a new '80's 1811 and had it bedded by Accuracy International. The rifle is easy to setup and achieves a nice position with almost no movement on recoil. I've enjoyed shooting it for many years and I'd certainly recommend one for prone. It's currently mothballed as I've bought a Gemini / Maddco combo and I'm enjoying the challenge of achieving that elusive perfect position. Sorry Tim, before you ask, there's no way I'd sell the 1811.

Haha, thank you 10 Dots. I won't mention your beloved 1811 :P

Cheers for the pointer, i'll send Arthur an email

T

• 2 weeks later...

Rifle found!

Thank you everyone for your help, advice and pointers

Happy shooting

tim g :)

C'mon Tim g, put us out of our misery, what have you invested into.

Jonty

Jonty, now i've handed over the dosh i'm very pleased to say aaronb sold me a very nice 1613. Thanks Aaron, it's mega!

Tim

If that;'s the one he had in his profile, where the fore-end is very deep in front of the triggerguard and tapers upwards, it's a 1610. Same action, barrel trigger as a 1613, but a different stock.

Then a 1613 it is. Doesn't really matter what it left the factory as (except to geeks), current set up is more important.

Both my rifles have seen several stocks.