Anschutz Smallbore Target Rifle For Sale

Guest olnmfc

Thanks Tim/Huey/Jonty... Um yes.... It was Patrick Jess.. previous... that said it was very competitive... yes I need to confirm the bolt slot but I've not tip toed into the club the past couple of weeks.....

I think you did the perfectly correct thing in asking on the Forum about your rifle. Its one of the reasons its here.

You even found at that the stock and to some extent the barrel and action are of later models than you thought they were. Great.

Jonty

Guest olnmfc

Some news.... bolt has a slot underneath. Barrel is stamped IA and trigger 71 so this is a very late 1613 of 1980 with a 1907 ISU stock. No interest here perhaps price too high despite other comparable so am going to break the rifle and sell all the parts separately on ebay except the barrel and action of course which I will continue to list here. I'll list some more photos but guessing the price for the barrel & action would be a giveaway at say £250?

Guest olnmfc

Someone mentioned that the steel the 16 series barrels were made from was very good, presumably better by comparison to say 18 series. Is that correct?

Also could I legally sell the trigger action unit separately from the barrel as it simply unscrews without any firearms certificate implication?

Thanks.

Olnmfc,

the issue of barrel steel has been mentioned before, but only anecdotally. I've never heard any evidence.

Yes you can sell the trigger separately. It's only pressure bearing parts (i.e. barrel, action, bolt body/handle - the bits that have a proof mark) that are covered by the FAC.

Thanks Trident yes it is the big turn screw knobs rather than the older small screws which give more movement. Also easier to use/turn being bigger. Was quite a find at the time.

For the Forums' information also, the barrel/action (& trigger!) are also under offer to a Forum member here, just waiting for FAC transfer etc.