Butt Plate

TCat001

Hi Everyone,

Anyone got a decent Butt Hook for an Anschutz 1813 - I have the standard but it just does not have the flexibility in adjustment I need - particularly swivel Left to right!

Anyone got something decent gathering dust I may be interested.

R,

Tony

Tony,

do you want jsut the hook, or the whole plate? And which butt do you have, the 1813 came with two during it's life? The first one has a large thumbscrew to lock the butt for vertical adjsutment, the other (model 4760) has five alln bolts along the plate.

I think you want the "armadillo" hook from the later 4760 plate; Anschutz sold this combination (older plate + newer hook) as the 4922. The hooks from newer Anschutz plates will not fit yours.

If you haven't already, look on ebay, these do come up for sale.

Both the earlier solid hook and the later 'Armadillo hook' have the ability to move from side to side on the larger bolt that goes up from the bottom of the hook into the buttplate.

Its the later 'Aramadillo' type buttplate (4760) that is able to swing from side to side on the vertical rod. The earlier buttplates do not have one of these rods.

Maybe TCat001 can clarify!

Jonty

Quite true Jonty,

but the angle of the armadillo hook itself can be raised or lowered, whereas the "old" hook cannot; I found that the angle of the "old" hook was too steep, and prevented the butt from seating properly in my shoulder,always leaving a large gap at the bottom. This problem was compounded by the limited vertical adjustment od the plate.