Wtd: Ammo Safe

Guest Shrek

Looking for an ammo safe. Posiablly big enough to hold 15,000 .22 rounds. OUr current one is not big enough to allow us to buy in bulk to get discounts.

Well that depends.

We could get a new bigger one and sell the old one (my personal pref)

or

we could get another small one to compliment the old one (means more keys - more hassle).

So i think we are going to get a larger one :)

If you want it i'll try to get some specs / sizes for you it held 2,500 .22 rounds and 1000 0.303 over the weekend as was very full.

As we can hold 1500 of 7.62 / 0.303 and 15,000 .22 i though it might be better to get a larger safe and start buying in bulk to get those discounts!

Cheers

Richard

Sizes would be great, but off-hand it sounds very much like what my family needs! So if you do find a bigger safe, I think you have a buyer for that one, though I'll have to check with Dad. :-)

Ok. I'm off down the range now so i'll go and measure it.

I got the OK from the students union to change / sell it. Now i've just got to ask the powers that be (Cardiff RC) as we will be drilling into thier walls even though its on our seperate armoury.

Laters.

Richard

• 4 months later...

My gun cabinet does not have a separately lockable section for ammo so i bought an additional cabinet some time ago.

I bought what was then advertised as a cabinet for 4/6 pistols and it probably measures 15" square (height by width and about 12" deep off the wall.

Whilst I can't get a case of 5,000 in its original packing inside it will certainly take about 20k .22 rounds in packs of 500. BTW I'm not authorised to have this much!

I'm sure that they do larger or smaller versions of this and I'll try and remember to look tonight to see the make etc.