Ebay Auction Items

Those of you who read Target Talk or the other target shooting boards will know this by now, but for those who don't, Pilkington are now selling items on E-Bay. It might be worth a gander, at any rate.

The items are listed here.

Hmm

I though firearms were not allowed on ebay...

well there not selling the whole thing but they are selling barrels and i thought the barrels were the main component of the firearm hence the serial number being stamped on them. Then again i could be wrong.

I had assumed that the barrel was the important bit but evidently not.

When I had my rifle rebarreled it was pointed out to me that it is the action that carries the serail number on an Anschutz and not the barrel - funny I hadn't noticed that in the 12 years of ownership.

I appreciate that others may be different

Robert

• 1 month later...
Guest karlymyers
Those of you who read Target Talk or the other target shooting boards will know this by now, but for those who don't, Pilkington are now selling items on E-Bay. It might be worth a gander, at any rate.

only thing is sparks, pilkguns are american, they will ship outside but postage is high

i thought the barrels were the main component of the firearm hence the serial number being stamped on them.

The main component of any firearm is the action not the barrel. The only thing that is stamped on the barrel is the proof mark (which must be there if you are to sell or transfer a firearm). If the number was on the barrel then you could not rebarrel your rifle!