Lh Anschutz

Old Lefty

LH Anschutz for sale. Shilen S/S barrel (approx. 9000 rounds), Gemini butt plate, long extension tube, hard case plus extras. Excellent rifle (average this season 99.1) for sale due to purchase of new Grunig & Elmiger. Based at St Andrews in Scotland. £1200.

• 3 months later...
Guest merjp

Could you clarify the rifle type. Is it a heavy barrel 1913 type or 1907 type. I don't know the Shilen barrel so any indication of the rifle weight would be useful.

I am looking for a 1913 type with low mileage but unfortunately i am a right hander. However i think stocks may be easier to find than barrel actions, hence my interest.

Shilen is an American (specifically Texan, IIRC) barrel maker. Their barrels are button rifled, the same way that Anschutz barrels are. Shilen are a custom maker, so this could be a light (1907) or heavy (1913) profile. I'd guess heavy though.

If you are looking for a right-handed rifle, don't get a leftie! It's a pain in the backside working the bolt from the wrong side(unless you are shooting Benchrest, and can use both hands).

If I've read your post wrong, and you want the stock, again don't! Wooden stocks are almost impossible to convert successfully to wrong handed use; the grip, and cheekpeice will be all wrong for RH use. This is even more so if the stock has a cast (a deliberate outward angle at the butt end to more room for your face) making it even more one-handed.

Some alu stocks can be converted with a new cheekpeice and grip, but I would not bother with a wood stock.