Rear Sights For Anschutz Match 54 - Prone Shooting

chunter177

Hi guys,

I am after some decent sights for my Anschutz - I am not fussy if they are FWB/Anschutz/whoever - they just need to fit the Anschutz, and be good quality; not bent; be able to take the standard fitting iris (Gehman / Centra) and anti glare tubes.

I have a budget of up to c. £100 (or vaguely near that - it could go a touch higher) - I'd like a slightly more modern set-up, but I'm not overly fussy.

They do need to be very adjustable as I shoot outdoors; I also want the clicks to be 1/8th minute clicks minimum - or smaller intervals. Ideally I'd like the clicks to be not overly stiff, but not wobbly!

Anyone got anything? Any thoughts much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris

Hi 10 Dots. Yes - I appreciate that, but there is a risk with ebay that you are buying from anybody - I am hoping (maybe foolishly) that I can guarantee the seller being bona fide by dint if their being on Stirton - i.e. taking advantage of the community, rather than leaving it to pure chance and market forces. This is a trust issue - ebay is not a perfect solution (I cannot rely on Stirton being one, but I feel it likely it gives me better odds).

So, in spite of ebay posts, I'd still be interested in responses from members.

Thanks.

Chris

Have you thought of the Gehmann 590? It's spring loaded to reduce backlash, and has 1/12 minute (20 click) adjustments. It's also pretty cheap at about £150. I'm not sure if you'll find many nearly new match sights for under £100.

That said I have a Gehmann 594 "wind rearsight" sitting unused. The riris is set into perspex to improve the downrange view; it the predecessor of the Clearview. I tried it and didn't like it (but I don't like the Duguid panoramic either). Clicks are officially 1/12 minute, but feel a little coarser. Feel free to PM me.

I use a couple of the Centra Pro 57 rear sights, they were £150 each new. They have been great, happy to recommend them. Again 20 click.

Similar to the Gehmann 590 suggested by Tim, but with an integrated anti glare tube. I'm sure they are both good options.

Edited by gregsy

Hi John.
Yes. I quite agree - I would like to buy the FWB sights. I have been paid and it clears on Tuesday - is it alright if I send payment on Tuesday or Wednesday? I think you said £5 for postage; so £85 to cover the sights and postage? Perhaps you could confirm.

Yes - I think it represents a veritable bargain for which I am eternally grateful! Steve Parrack (of City Air Weapons) pointed out to me that my anschutz sights are a bit bent, so this is VERY much on my to do list.

Thanks a million - just to check you want a paypal payment - I can otherwise send a cheque tomorrow.

Kind regards.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I bought the sights from John and they a) fit perfectly to the old Anschutz - so there you go, you non-believers; and B) they work - got a couple of possibles the first night, so thank you John.

Thanks for all the input and responses.

I am no longer seeking the sights.

Cheers.

Chris