Anschutz Super Match 54

Guest Greg E

On the left hand side of the barrel where it enters the action, the proof marks can be seen. If there are no other marks in this area, the barrel/action are pre 1958...................

If there are any other numbers/letters, the Anschutz website may help with the year of manufacture.

Cismpete

On the left hand side of the barrel where it enters the action, the proof marks can be seen. If there are no other marks in this area, the barrel/action are pre 1958...................

If there are any other numbers/letters, the Anschutz website may help with the year of manufacture.

Cismpete

This is a good way to find out the year of your Anschutz barrel Rutty told me where to look last year, when I wanted to find out the year of my old 1411 (16series) barrel...

Doesn't anyone feel sorry for Greg here, what have you lot done to his sales thread. If your not buying you shouldn't really comment. He didn't ask for a history lesson...and the advert wasn't particularly deceiving in the first place. He described the stock as a 14 series and the action as a match 54 type, which is correct so why the analysis?

Perhaps a new thread in a different section on "dating and the Anschutz timeline" would have been more appropriate and helpful to all, or a discrete message if there's an error.

No offence to anyone, I realise your intentions are good, but it kind of detracts from what he was trying to do here, which wasn't particularly that incorrect in the first place...

Edited by gregsy

gregsy,

I understand the sentiments that you express however you may wish to consider the following points:

1. This is a public forum and provided that members observe the rules they are free to make relevant posts.

2. Unlike some other forums we are not permitted to provide "valuations".

3. All the posts in this thread are relevant to the item offered for sale, they offer factual information and none refer to condition or offer opinion.

4. The Sales section of the forum pleasantly free from any form of recrimination; I certainly cannot recall seeing any adverse comments.

5. If you do not wish to accept that comment may be made, then there are other forums where this does not happen or commercial sites such as Gunstar or Egun.

I believe that the information that members have provided may be of siginificant assistance to Greg in concluding a successful sale of his rifle.

Rutty

Doesn't anyone feel sorry for Greg here, what have you lot done to his sales thread. If your not buying you shouldn't really comment. He didn't ask for a history lesson...and the advert wasn't particularly deceiving in the first place. He described the stock as a 14 series and the action as a match 54 type, which is correct so why the analysis?

Perhaps a new thread in a different section on "dating and the Anschutz timeline" would have been more appropriate and helpful to all, or a discrete message if there's an error.

No offence to anyone, I realise your intentions are good, but it kind of detracts from what he was trying to do here, which wasn't particularly that incorrect in the first place...

I didn't know the Coalition had brought in the censorship laws!

Personally, I have always welcomed advice and comment from people who clearly know more than I and many others do.

There are people who post on here with a wealth of knowledge, sadly there are some who think that they have.

Jonty

Thanks to all.....but does anyone want to Buy??

Open to offers....

I appreciate and understand your comments Rutty. Again, sorry I wasnt trying to offend anybody, and at no point did I express that I knew anything Jonty... It probably wasnt my place to comment, but it seemed that the original poster was being polite and repeatedly trying to bring his Sale thread back on track, and my comments have inadvertently made the situation worse, again sorry I'll keep my gob shut in future.

Thanks to all.....but does anyone want to Buy??

Open to offers....

I appreciate and understand your comments Rutty. Again, sorry I wasnt trying to offend anybody, and at no point did I express that I knew anything Jonty... It probably wasnt my place to comment, but it seemed that the original poster was being polite and repeatedly trying to bring his Sale thread back on track, and my comments have inadvertently made the situation worse, again sorry I'll keep my gob shut in future.

I totally agree with your previous sentiments. As far as I'm concerned this should just be to buy and sell items, not to discuss their merit or provide a history lesson, however interesting that may be. That's why there are other specific forums here. There is a post pinned at the top of the for sales section detailing what it's for.

Rob.

Rob.