Old Club Rifles For Sale/transfer

jonmalone

We have "upgraded" our club rifles with 4 more anschutz and so need space in the armoury.

As a result Clachnacuddin has 4 RH rifles - 2 old BSA martini(sp) rifles and 2 vostoks that we need rid of.

Nothing great but they shoot straight. It seems a sin to scrap them. The martini actions may have thumbhole stocks - so cant be classed as "originals".

I guess we take ONO but I have been asked to put them in at £50 per piece.

I will be down at Bisley in August and over to Aberdeen/Gagie (etc) over the summer and could face to face transfer.

All rifles have sights, etc and have been stored in a heated armoury.

Nae photos!

If the two Vostocks are lightweight rifles I could be interested in them for my ATC Sqn. At the moment they have two old BSA Mk III's that are really far too heavy for youngsters to learn with.

Alan.

I am back in the club tomorrow, I can look at them/weigh them. From memory I think they are not particularly light - but dont quote me until I look.

A saw on the stock would help them fit juniors and lighten them, but I think the balance could be altered and they become very front heavy.

more tomorrow night

From memory Vostoks were roughly UIT Standard weight, so 11lb or so.

I did not weigh them - no scales that work.

They are lighter than the Martini action rifles we have.

As the vostok(sp) are fairly "long barrelled" they are front heavy - especially so if you were to chop the rear to help them fit smaller people.

However they are bolt-action.

Photos: http://www.clach-sbrc.org.uk/photos/vostock/00002.jpg http://www.clach-sbrc.org.uk/photos/vostock/00003.jpg

They will probably be disposed of (aka scrapped) in a week or twos time as we need to free up the space.

Shout now if they are of any interest to anyone.

Wouldn't they be worth someone taking them to Bisley Rifle meeting. I would have thought somebody there could find a use for them rather than they be scrapped.

Agreed; But our committee is on a different goal - empty the safe ASAP. I got permission to put a note on Stirton to see if there was anybody wanting them. I cant make it a lifetime goal to keep these beasts from the saw :angry: