Looking For A Stock

timinder

Still "not allowed" to get myself a FAC (by wife, no suspicious reasons!) but I have spoken to my club and they would be fine with me buying a stock to fit to one of the club rifles.

It's a round-action 54, currently in a 1403 stock, so I just can't get it to fit me nicely, and find myself having to float my head over the stock to see through the sights, so not really ideal!

I'm on a bit of a budget, so if anyone has something with an adjustable cheekpiece and possibly even a buttplate, I'm interested, even if it's not in great condition.

Still "not allowed" to get myself a FAC (by wife, no suspicious reasons!) but I have spoken to my club and they would be fine with me buying a stock to fit to one of the club rifles.

It's a round-action 54, currently in a 1403 stock, so I just can't get it to fit me nicely, and find myself having to float my head over the stock to see through the sights, so not really ideal!

I'm on a bit of a budget, so if anyone has something with an adjustable cheekpiece and possibly even a buttplate, I'm interested, even if it's not in great condition.

There don't seem to be many used stocks available, so why not just look for a new wife?

Come on! You were all thinking it! ;)

Walter

Hey, I thought of it too, but a new stock's going to be a lot cheaper :)

Tried 10m Air - far too difficult for me!

I kind of like a sport where one of the main skills needed is being able to lie as still as possibe...

On a serious note (don't usually do this kinda thing but here goes!)

I may know of 1913 wooden stock going, if that would suit, I can pass on details....

Certainly sounds interesting, please let me have the details (I won't tell anyone you were being serious!)

• 4 weeks later...

Note: I'm not selling this!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150641400384

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anschutz-Butt-Assembly-armadillo-type-hook-/150641394161?pt=UK_SportingGoods_Hunting_ShootingSports_ET&hash=item2312ed41f1

Unfortunately split over two listings, but could be a goer for you?

I'm still chasing up that other one....

Thanks, I am watching them at the moment - never hurts to have a few irons in the fire!

Keep chasing that 1913 too though :)

• 2 months later...

FINALLY! I HAVE THAT 1913 STOCK!

If you're still looking for one this is it.post-1880-0-37102600-1317765947_thumb.jpg

Hook and handstop included. The wheel to adjust buttlength is missing currently, but i should have it in a few days.

The light coloured bits on the grip were where there was some clay before, but it comes of easily.

Sorry for delay - PM me if this fits the bill - if not it'll be in the for sale section for the rest of you!

S :D

That's not a 1913 stock, it's a 1613 stock with a 1913 buttplate (model 4760 if you're interested).

It's a bit older than a 1913, probably made 1978-1980. You can tell it's not a 1913 (or 1813) stock by the trigger guard. Since 1980 Anschutz have used a small stack of belleville washers under the bedding bolts to maintain tension. These come with the squarer chunkier triggerguard. Your stock has the older slot-head bedding bolts.

A 1913 would also have a very square sectioned fore-end with cooling vents by the barrel.

There's no difference in the shape of the wood between your 1613 and an early 1913 though, and you do have the more desirable buttplate.

That's not a 1913 stock, it's a 1613 stock with a 1913 buttplate (model 4760 if you're interested).

It's a bit older than a 1913, probably made 1978-1980. You can tell it's not a 1913 (or 1813) stock by the trigger guard. Since 1980 Anschutz have used a small stack of belleville washers under the bedding bolts to maintain tension. These come with the squarer chunkier triggerguard. Your stock has the older slot-head bedding bolts.

A 1913 would also have a very square sectioned fore-end with cooling vents by the barrel.

There's no difference in the shape of the wood between your 1613 and an early 1913 though, and you do have the more desirable buttplate.

My bad.

I have replacement bedding bolts for it if you do need them.

Tim.

You are far too generous. If I had bought a 16 series stock being told it was a 19 series, all be it, 'Buyer beware' I think I would have substantial redress for legal action/compensation.

Viz. '

'I am selling this lovely Porsche 911' When it fact it is a VW Beetle. (No offence to anyone with a VW Beetle. Especially if they thought it was a 911 Carerra with a G50 Box)

Tim.

You are far too generous. If I had bought a 16 series stock being told it was a 19 series, all be it, 'Buyer beware' I think I would have substantial redress for legal action/compensation.

Viz. '

'I am selling this lovely Porsche 911' When it fact it is a VW Beetle. (No offence to anyone with a VW Beetle. Especially if they thought it was a 911 Carerra with a G50 Box)

Would you like another 19 stock Jonty? ;)

• 2 weeks later...