Target Rifle Accessories (Only) Wanted

majex45

I've just bought a BSA Lightweight International MK II thanks to the generosity of my (working) wife.

I now need a sling (preferably an old one - anyone got a Mexico Sling?) this is for classic shooting as it's all I can afford nowadays.

I would also like to find a way of raising the sights about half an inch - does anyone have "raiser blocks" (I think that's what they are called). - I'm SO out of touch with rifle shooting.

I'm still looking for accessories for a S&W 686/586 (firearm, not air - Millet sights, grips, barrel weight, even a pistol rug) and any info/bits/instructions for a Vostok MU55-1 free (50m) pistol.

I don't think any of the commercially made blocks (i.e. Centra, AHG etc) will be compatible with the Parker-Hale foresight on your BSA. Centainly none will work with the side-mounted rearsight. You might try getting an engineer to make a new, and taller, foresight mount. There should be enough elevation adj in the rearsight to raise it to suit.

There were a couple of leather slings on ebay a day or two ago.

• 1 month later...

I don't think any of the commercially made blocks (i.e. Centra, AHG etc) will be compatible with the Parker-Hale foresight on your BSA. Centainly none will work with the side-mounted rearsight. You might try getting an engineer to make a new, and taller, foresight mount. There should be enough elevation adj in the rearsight to raise it to suit.

There were a couple of leather slings on ebay a day or two ago.

Thanks Tim, yes good info. I might try to make a riser block for the front sight (I'm a dab hand with a file) and see if the rear sight will "stretch" that far.

I've bid on some slings on ebay but always get outbid (usually in the last three seconds).