Anschutz Barrel, Mandrel And Headspece Gauge Wanted

jonty

I am seeking to buy a Mandrel for knocking out a barrel from an action in an Anschutz rifle. Together with a Headspace gauge of 0.046" for refitting the barrel.

Or has anyone got one they could loan me. Its for a project I am undertaking.

Thank you

Jonty

Could I suggest you speak to Barry Nesom, who doesn't live a million miles away from you.

He could make you a mandrel for a small fee, and he also manufactures headspace gauges (I have a set and they are excellent).

Any particular reason for 0.046? 0.043seems to be the currently accepted norm.

Walter

Could I suggest you speak to Barry Nesom, who doesn't live a million miles away from you.

He could make you a mandrel for a small fee, and he also manufactures headspace gauges (I have a set and they are excellent).

Walter

Thank you for that Walter, I hoped to see him at the Leeds shoot yesterday, but missed him I think.

As for 0.046", I did a google search and found the old Border Barrels page detailing how to do it, and they recommended 0.046, but I bow to yoiur greater knowledge and will try for a 0.043".

It just seems the type of tool the ordinary man would maybe use once or twice, and then locate safely at the bottom of a tool box for use in the next decade.

John

Walter

Thank you for that Walter, I hoped to see him at the Leeds shoot yesterday, but missed him I think.

As for 0.046", I did a google search and found the old Border Barrels page detailing how to do it, and they recommended 0.046, but I bow to yoiur greater knowledge and will try for a 0.043".

It just seems the type of tool the ordinary man would maybe use once or twice, and then locate safely at the bottom of a tool box for use in the next decade.

John

On this site, Border recommended 0.042

http://njshooting.tripod.com/FITTING%20A%20.22%20RIMFIRE%20BARREL.htm

Colin

Thank you Colin.

I guess I was having a nearly senior moment. As I read your thread, I looked down at my comtemporaneous notes taken from the Border Barrels page and saw that I had in fact written down 0.042". Heaven knows where I got .046 from, anyway, has anyone got one!

Thanks

John