Facebook Login

neil

Hi folks,

If you use Facebook at all, then you should now be able to user your FB account to log in to the forum, thus having one less username and password combo to remember.

1) Go to the login screen and the first time you try and log in with Facebook, a pop-up window should appear and you can enter your details.

2) You will then be asked to link your FB account with your existing Stirton.com account.

That should be it.

Any problems, let me know.

Thanks

Neil

post-45-124742032852_thumb.jpg

Neil,

I don't know if this is a problem with Facebook but I have tried over a couple of days with the same message!

Simon

Hi Simon,

Sorry it was in 'testing' mode .... can you try again (apologies in advance for slow reply, in Croatia just now)

Cheers

Neil

Hi Simon,

Sorry it was in 'testing' mode .... can you try again (apologies in advance for slow reply, in Croatia just now)

Cheers

Neil

Neil,

Worked a treat....great and efficient service even from Croatia!

Simon

Great :)

I should have said but for current members, you can simply 'associate' your forum account with your Facebook account so that you don't lose any settings such as your post count, previous threads you've contributed etc.

If you are a new member who is registering you can simply use your existing/new Facebook account without having to associate with an existing Stirton.com account.

• 11 months later...

Folks, with the latest version of the Forum we have a new and improved method of connecting to Facebook (behind the scenes)

Can I urge everybody that is on the forum AND that uses Facebook to link their account, then you will be able to post links on Facebook from forum posts etc, letting other Facebook members that are also members on here see the topic.

In order to link your existing forum account with your Facebook account you can do the following:

1) Go to your profile

ipb1.png

2) Find the Facebook Connect settings

ipb2.png

3) Click on the Login to Facebook button

ipb3.png

4) Allow Facebook access as necessary

ipb4.png

ipb5.png

ipb6.png

5) Then back in the forum settings, you can setup if you want your Facebook picture to be your profile and/or avatar photos, along with synchronising your forum status with that of your FB account.ipb7.pngEnjoy :)

Sorry Neil but I trust this forum much more than I do Facebook (who are all of these people it thinks I should be friends with?). As for giving them access to anything other than the bare minimum to operate my account, not a hope in Hades.

I'll keep them separate if you don't mind.

That's entirely up to yourself David, hence why it's an option but there are many users on here who do use Facebook as a medium of communication and the option is there for them should they wish to use it :)