Save your posts offline first

RobertBeard

I just wrote a wonderfull contribution but got stuck at the end 'cos I haven't sorted out how to use the new site yet properly!

I went for "Help" and when I got back my carefully written and lenghty piece had gone!

In future I will write offline and save it and then paste it up on the forum when I'm ready to post it!

By the way how do I get to use the emoticons at the bottom of the page and put them in the right place?

What is pinning all about?

Oh to be an anorak but I'd rather improve my shooting!

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delay in replying...

You say you looked at the help. Were you not able to use the back button to get back

to what you had typed - I just tried and had no problems but it is not a fail safe method.

If you are writing a long post, write it in a text editor (e.g. Notepad, Xemacs, Ultraedit),

spell check it if you want and then copy and paste it into a message.

As for the smilies, you can insert them anywhere in a post by either clicking on the

"Clickable Smilies box to the left of where you enter your message OR you can use the

shortcut characters (if you know them) e.g. ": D" gives :D, ": )" gives :) (there should be

no space inbetween the colon and "D" / ")"

Oh and pinned messages are ones that are deemed important and are thus placed at

the top of the forum so as to be easily seen.

Cheers

Neil