Wanted - Action Screws For Anschutz Match 54

I have just bought a new stock (thumbwhole style) for my Match 54, and the action screws are far too long - currently 70mm and 42mm - they need to be more like 50mm and 27mm.

They seem to be an unusual thread (possibley 0.75 Metrisch 60degrees from thread guages??) and i don't have a die to modify the screws, so anyone have any spares lying around, or know where i could get some?

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

If you have the action screws and they are too long, some time ago, I bought a die and cut down / increased the thread length of similarly long screws.

They are mild steel screws and with a bit of lubricant, they cut OK.

I stand to be corrected, but I believe the thread die you require is 6mm metric FINE.

I bought mine from an engineering supplies company, 'off the shelf' without a problem : PILLAR Engineering in Portsmouth, Hants. I think?

If you want to persue this line, come back to me and I will dig my die out and check it's full spec.

Best of luck

Rob

Guest nobbler

The Thread size you are looking for is 6mm x 0.75 pitch I doubt you will be able to get these off the shelf as they are not a common size in this country. however a gun dealer may have some lying about. The ones shown on Edinkille's website are not the right thread for bedding bolts.

If you accurately measure what you want from the bottom of the cap head to the end of the thread I may be able to make you some up.

Regards

Dave Clark

The Thread size you are looking for is 6mm x 0.75 pitch I doubt you will be able to get these off the shelf as they are not a common size in this country. however a gun dealer may have some lying about. The ones shown on Edinkille's website are not the right thread for bedding bolts.

If you accurately measure what you want from the bottom of the cap head to the end of the thread I may be able to make you some up.

Regards

Dave Clark

Hi Dave,

The screws i need are as follows;

Screw 1 - 21.5mm total shaft length, 11mm thread length

Screw 2 - 47mm total shaft length, 13mm thread length

i would be very greatfull if you could make me these screws. How much would you charge?

Kind Regards

Jim Starley

Guest nobbler
Hi Dave,

i would be very greatfull if you could make me these screws. How much would you charge?

Kind Regards

Jim Starley

Hi Jim

I have sent you a p m

Dave

Hi Dave,

Kind Regards

Jim Starley

Hi Jim

I have sent you a p m

Dave

Replied to PM