Club Air Rifle Wanted

Rose

Posting this on behalf of our Club Secretary...

We are a small club with about 12 full time members. We all shoot .22 prone, and some shoot air rifle / pistol. Three of our club members have been shooting air rifle and have attained averages in the mid 80s. They have all been using an air rifle loaned to the club. Unfortunately we are about to lose the weapon as the owner is leaving the club, which means our shooters will be unable to continue. The club committee has decided it can afford to spend a maximum of £500 acquiring a target air rifle (ie: Anschutz, FWB, Walther, Steyr).

Bob Atkinson

Secretary, Westerham Miniature Rifle Club

Please PM me if you have, or know someone who has, a suitable rifle for sale...

Thanks,

Rose

Why not buy 2 S200Ts? It's an economical choice for a very capable rifle. If they're shooting 80's at the moment, they would probably benefit from a light gun anyway if they're still training up. The flat bottom on the stock promotes good posture like a match rifle, and they're plenty accurate, the only downside is a lack of a regulator.

While some may fault the trigger, every one I've laid my hands on (quite a few for the record) has tuned up brilliantly, and it's not a difficult thing to do in the slightest. As a training tool, I only wish our club could afford to buy more than the one.

Constantine

Why not buy 2 S200Ts? It's an economical choice for a very capable rifle. If they're shooting 80's at the moment, they would probably benefit from a light gun anyway if they're still training up. The flat bottom on the stock promotes good posture like a match rifle, and they're plenty accurate, the only downside is a lack of a regulator.

While some may fault the trigger, every one I've laid my hands on (quite a few for the record) has tuned up brilliantly, and it's not a difficult thing to do in the slightest. As a training tool, I only wish our club could afford to buy more than the one.

Constantine

Many thanks - sounds worth looking into.

Rose

Guest yardman9

Any club looking to buy equipment etc but can't afford it, should take a look at the "Awards For All" scheme. Google it to find the web site. You get grants of up to £10,000 in any 2 year period. My club has used it to fund a proper tarmac foot path to our range building in order to assist wheel chair users. The path cost £8000; no way could we have afforded that amount of money. The magic words are juniors, less able and benefiting the community.

Download the application form and help notes from their web site.

JC

• 1 month later...