For Sale Panoramic Rearsight Mk2

Guest Terry Baldwin

Guest Terry Baldwin

Hi, I have decided to sell the TWO Panoramic Rearsight's the Mk2 version that I have. I brought them a couple of years ago when they first came out and apart from trying them a couple of times I have never got around to using them instead of my current sights.

post-150-1210421151_thumb.jpg

From memory the serial No's are 207 and 208.

They are complete with all the filters, 'O' rings and boxes

I am happy to sell them as a pair or split them, the current Bedford Target Supplies price is £240, I don't want to give them away so please make me a fair offer if your interested in the sights.

I thought I would offer them to the Forum before selling them on E-Bay.

Regards Terry

I can heartily recommend these sights for 50m and 100 yards target shooting.

I also bought one a couple of years ago and wouldn't use anything else now.

The sight picture is fantastic but the more important factor is the totally unimpeded view of all the flags in front of you.

Terry I'd sell one and give the other one a go on your rifle and you might be surprised at how your shooting in the wind improves.

Basically it enables you to keep your head firmly behind the sights at all times ready to fire when the right condition presents and you can see the all important flags to your left that are normally obscured by the lump of a traditional rearsight when you have to use a left eye blinder. The flags on the right are easier to see with a traditional rear sight but I found it a particular problem on the left which was cured by the panorama rear sight. This would apply equally to a left handed shooter but I don't know if a left handed model is made though I would have thought they could easily be used by a leftie.

Guest Terry Baldwin

Robert, many thanks for the advice.

For the Forum's Information Bedford Target Supplies do make a Left handed version of the sight.

Regards Terry

I can heartily recommend these sights for 50m and 100 yards target shooting.

I also bought one a couple of years ago and wouldn't use anything else now.

The sight picture is fantastic but the more important factor is the totally unimpeded view of all the flags in front of you.

I will qualify this by saying that I have never used a Duguid. However, it is worth checking that sight adjustments are backlash-free and independent. More "traditional" sights have more room within the design to ensure that a click up means that the sights only go up, and not to either side; and that a click down straight afterwards returns the sight to exactly the same position.

As with any sight, try and give it a check once in a while.

Martin

Whilst you qualified your post it does come over as if you are giving a hint of a warning about these sights or perhaps just to counteract my enthusiasm for them. Are you aware of anyone having had a bad experience and if so was this down to a design fault or what one could regard as a maintenance issue.

I have never tested for what you comment on but I will be pleased to do a test to check up on this. Perhaps 25 right, 25 down, 25 left, 25 up will suit and should get me back to my starting point. If I did 2 circuits with 2 shots on each corner and then reverse the order for 2 circuits would that be a fair test at 50 metres? Clearly the test is limited by prevailing weather conditions and the nut behind the butt!

Indoors I use an Anschutz modern rearsight with the minute (small) as opposed to minute (degree) sight adjustments rather than the more coarse version.

Without checking the panorama paperwork I would estimate that the sight equates to the coarser Anschutz version.

Big name sights have their issues and I once saw a Gehmann rearsight nearly cost someone the BOBS trophy through it being faulty. I was told that this sight was supposedly guaranteed for life and that subsequently they refused to do anything about it under the guarantee and so, as a result, I will never ever buy anything from them but that's my personal decision based on what I saw happen to the shooter throughout the detail and what he told me much later afterwards.

I have never tested for what you comment on but I will be pleased to do a test to check up on this. Perhaps 25 right, 25 down, 25 left, 25 up will suit and should get me back to my starting point. If I did 2 circuits with 2 shots on each corner and then reverse the order for 2 circuits would that be a fair test at 50 metres? Clearly the test is limited by prevailing weather conditions and the nut behind the butt!

Robert,

Much easier to use a Dial Test Indicator, they are inexpensive these days and I would be surprised if someone in the club did not already have one.

Rutty