Ruger 10/22

meltoc

Purchased from SYSS about 2 years ago. Had little use.

Hogue stock, stainless rimfire magic barrel, muzzle brake, scope, 8 mags and other bits and pieces.

PM me for further details/pictures

Why not put more info and pictures on here?

PM probably precludes some people from showing an interest which they are more likely to do given more information.

For example I have a spare slot and have a mind at some time to take up LSR but its probably a bit early but given the right opportunity and the right gun might move earlier.

Ruger standard triggers have a reputation for being disappointing has yours been changed or has it been improved by SYSS?

What make of scope, magnification etc?

Pictures are a great selling point and tell more than a thousand words.

For those not into LSR they may have no idea what a Hogue stock is or what might be special about a rimfire magic stainless barrel.

Why are you selling? Are you replacing with better or just want to realise cash from something that is not being used?

An idea of price would be useful - What did it cost new and what are you asking for?

• 2 months later...
Purchased from SYSS about 2 years ago. Had little use.

Hogue stock, stainless rimfire magic barrel, muzzle brake, scope, 8 mags and other bits and pieces.

PM me for further details/pictures

Why not put more info and pictures on here?

PM probably precludes some people from showing an interest which they are more likely to do given more information.

For example I have a spare slot and have a mind at some time to take up LSR but its probably a bit early but given the right opportunity and the right gun might move earlier.

Ruger standard triggers have a reputation for being disappointing has yours been changed or has it been improved by SYSS?

What make of scope, magnification etc?

Pictures are a great selling point and tell more than a thousand words.

For those not into LSR they may have no idea what a Hogue stock is or what might be special about a rimfire magic stainless barrel.

Why are you selling? Are you replacing with better or just want to realise cash from something that is not being used?

An idea of price would be useful - What did it cost new and what are you asking for?

As an aside I fired one of these things recently and I am surprised we are allowed to have them at all. Self loading and will fire as fast as you can pull the trigger, and you can have a pocket full of magazines if you wanted. Smaller than a pistol, of course, but otherwise just as potentially lethal in the wrong hands. Some of the 10/22s look like military bullpup style weapons and have very big magazines. Strange how they have survived really. Clearly the people that decide what and what is not acceptable as a weapon in private hands aren't very consistent.

S

Dont understand your comments Sunbeam. Are you calling for a ban on gallery rifles?

And please, never go near a Section 1 Shotgun. That experience might haunt you for the rest of your life. Those evil practical shooters make Britain an unsafe place.

Dont understand your comments Sunbeam. Are you calling for a ban on gallery rifles?

And please, never go near a Section 1 Shotgun. That experience might haunt you for the rest of your life. Those evil practical shooters make Britain an unsafe place.

My point is that gallery rifles seem to have all the attributes, except pocket size, that .22 pistols have. I don't make the law, merely observe that if you ban one there seems little reason not to ban the other.

Section 1 is "pump-action" and "semi-automatic" shotguns, isn't it? I certainly don't like the idea of those being in kept in private houses so its right that they require a FAC. But in any case a gentleman would never use that sort of shotgun on a game bird unless a complete cad.

S

But in any case a gentleman would never use that sort of shotgun on a game bird unless a complete cad.

S

I understand that there is a difference between English as spoken by in the U.S. and English as spoken in England, so I need some help in understanding the statement. Is this an example of British humor? Or simply the opinion of the writer?

But in any case a gentleman would never use that sort of shotgun on a game bird unless a complete cad.

S

I know that there is a difference between English as spoken by in the U.S. and English as spoken in England, so I need some help in understanding the statement. Is this an example of British humor? Or simply the opinion of the writer?

Fred, it's based on the theory that a true English gentleman would only use a side-by-side shotgun to shoot game birds.

Only jumped-up "new money" would even think about using a semi-auto, pump our over-and-under. :lol:

on the theory that a true English gentleman would only use a side-by-side shotgun to shoot game birds.

Only jumped-up "new money" would even think about using a semi-auto, pump our over-and-under. :lol:

Huh hmmm, British Gentleman ;)

on the theory that a true English gentleman would only use a side-by-side shotgun to shoot game birds.

Point taken. Having lived in Wales for a year, I quickly learned to distinguish between the various nationalities living in the British Isles. :)

David, isn't it true that a gentleman equipped with a brace of fine doubles and a good bearer can knock down ten birds faster than a cad equipped with an autoloader? :D

Point taken. Having lived in Wales for a year, I quickly learned to distinguish between the various nationalities living in the British Isles. :)

David, isn't it true that a gentleman equipped with a brace of fine doubles and a good bearer can knock down ten birds faster than a cad equipped with an autoloader? :D

Actually the average gentleman regards a side by side only suitable for bank robberies in the 1970s. When did you last see Prince Philip use a side by side?

Semi auto shotguns are only suitable for Bruce Willis. The users like the feel of them and the way it makes them feel, far more than the practical sporting use of them, and often have worrying fantasies. For that reason alone they should be confined to the armoury and never never be allowed to be kept at home. Ever. That's an incident waiting to happen.

S