Bsa Martini International Mk Ii For Sale

Bill

I have for sale a BSA Martini International MkII from the early 1950s. It's in pretty good condition.

One of our older club members is retiring from the sport after over 60 years and as his FAC is up in October he was just going to scrap this venerable old rifle. However, I managed to talk him out of it and he has given it to the club to sell on for club funds. He has not used it at all in the last 3 years, and before that only sporadically for the previous 15 or so. He bought it second had for £30 in about 1953 (he's not too sure), and he only ever used it indoors. It has not had that much use over the years. He was one of this area's best shots in the 1950s and '60s, and I can personallyverify that it does shoot well and the barrel should still be good, although it could probably do with a good clean prior to anyone using it in earnest again after this period of disuse. Its number is UE264, for any buffs out there who want to trace it. I believe it's quite an early one.

It comes with all the accessories so it can be used straight out of the box - standard PH sights with 6-hole eyepiece, handstop, two-piece single-point sling (sling part permanently attached to rifle, detachable cuff for the arm) plus a bipod which slots into the handstop. Spares include an extra cuff and the original handstop. It comes with a relatively new and little-used GunGuard single case (brown) which is worth something not insignificant in itself (no key for it, though).

The rifle had its butt shortened in two stages, and the two offcuts and the original buttplate & screws are included. The current buttplate allows it to be offset. There is no rust and the sights appear to work perfectly. The action works well. The trigger has been lightened from the original 3lb pull, although I can't say exactly what it is now, but it does feel good.

The slot on the foresight tightening screw has worn out (and in fact has been cut away) and a standard screw has been inserted. Still works fine. I think that's the only blemish, which could probably be rectified quite easily if desired.

I want a quick sale and am looking for offers. It's currently located in Edinburgh but I shall take it to the Bisley meeting and advertise there it if nobody bites here before then (or hand it over to anyone who does).

However, please note that I shall be away at the Wick meeting from Friday to Monday this weekend (27th-29th), and then again from the 2nd to 20th August. I don't do mobile internet or email, but for the week before Bisley I will be able to check the forum & PMs (but not email) on a friend's computer. I shall be home next week on Tue/Wed (24th/25th) to check any replies. Ideally I would like to be able to pass it on at Bisley.

Please post or PM (or email before the 2nd) if you have any questions or wish to make an offer. I have other pictures I can email if wanted. I can give my phone number offline to anyone who wants to express an early interest but can't commit until later.

Don't all rush at once!

Bill

• 1 month later...
I have for sale a BSA Martini International MkII from the early 1950s. It's in pretty good condition.

One of our older club members is retiring from the sport after over 60 years and as his FAC is up in October he was just going to scrap this venerable old rifle. However, I managed to talk him out of it and he has given it to the club to sell on for club funds. He has not used it at all in the last 3 years, and before that only sporadically for the previous 15 or so. He bought it second had for £30 in about 1953 (he's not too sure), and he only ever used it indoors. It has not had that much use over the years. He was one of this area's best shots in the 1950s and '60s, and I can personallyverify that it does shoot well and the barrel should still be good, although it could probably do with a good clean prior to anyone using it in earnest again after this period of disuse. Its number is UE264, for any buffs out there who want to trace it. I believe it's quite an early one.

It comes with all the accessories so it can be used straight out of the box - standard PH sights with 6-hole eyepiece, handstop, two-piece single-point sling (sling part permanently attached to rifle, detachable cuff for the arm) plus a bipod which slots into the handstop. Spares include an extra cuff and the original handstop. It comes with a relatively new and little-used GunGuard single case (brown) which is worth something not insignificant in itself (no key for it, though).

The rifle had its butt shortened in two stages, and the two offcuts and the original buttplate & screws are included. The current buttplate allows it to be offset. There is no rust and the sights appear to work perfectly. The action works well. The trigger has been lightened from the original 3lb pull, although I can't say exactly what it is now, but it does feel good.

The slot on the foresight tightening screw has worn out (and in fact has been cut away) and a standard screw has been inserted. Still works fine. I think that's the only blemish, which could probably be rectified quite easily if desired.

I want a quick sale and am looking for offers. It's currently located in Edinburgh but I shall take it to the Bisley meeting and advertise there it if nobody bites here before then (or hand it over to anyone who does).

However, please note that I shall be away at the Wick meeting from Friday to Monday this weekend (27th-29th), and then again from the 2nd to 20th August. I don't do mobile internet or email, but for the week before Bisley I will be able to check the forum & PMs (but not email) on a friend's computer. I shall be home next week on Tue/Wed (24th/25th) to check any replies. Ideally I would like to be able to pass it on at Bisley.

Please post or PM (or email before the 2nd) if you have any questions or wish to make an offer. I have other pictures I can email if wanted. I can give my phone number offline to anyone who wants to express an early interest but can't commit until later.

Don't all rush at once!

Bill

If you still have it would be willing to give £30 inc post to RFD

Sorry, should have posted earlier. I sold it last month to a contact outside the forum.