Please Read!

neil

On 30/06/2017 at 13:10, Huey said:

Revisit your post when you are logged in. There should be an Edit button at the bottom of your post:

post-2059-0-35511400-1498824718_thumb.jpg

Hi there,

Forgive me if I'm being thick, but I can't see an edit button on my posts in order to mark a "For Sale" item as "SOLD".  And I am logged in...

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers 

7 hours ago, Xplanner said:

Hi there,

Forgive me if I'm being thick, but I can't see an edit button on my posts in order to mark a "For Sale" item as "SOLD".  And I am logged in...

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers 

The Forum has been upgraded since Huey wrote that. Look for three dots in the top right hand of your post. Tap that to reveal a drop down menu. The edit button is there.

• 5 months later...

Honesty and commitment above all.

Twice in the last month I have been in situations that are not illegal, but in my opinion, it demonstrates the lack of character of some people.

Twice I showed my interest in buying a certain equipment for a rifle. I never discussed the price, if I didn't consider it fair I simply wouldn't buy it! The first time and while I was waiting for the cost of shipping to make the payment, I received a message saying that, as there were a lot of interested parties, I would increase the price. My question was "But this is an auction??!" You set a value, I accepted it and now you say the price will increase?!" Obviously I didn't go into the auction and didn't buy anything.

The second time when I saw the item marked as “sold”, on the one hand I was happy to finally buy something that I was missing, but on the other hand I was a little apprehensive because I still hadn't paid. While I wait for the postage amount to proceed with payment, new message saying "Sorry but I already sold it yesterday"!

After all, while waiting for the shipping cost, the same item was being sold to someone else! What a lack of education... to say the least!

My question is just one: Does it cost a lot for people to honor their commitments? When, after exchanging messages, the seller tells someone that "I'll just find out the cost of postage to tell you" are we assuming that that seller is going to sell to you or am I mistaken?

Apparently I am, but it doesn't cross my mind not to fulfill an agreement just because someone offers you an extra 10 or 20 euros!

On 04/07/2017 at 09:52, neil said:

Hi Cumbrian,

Thank you.

Would be interested to hear from people about how they still use the forum, as posts primarily seem to indicated For Sale and Wanted....

I use the Forum regularly to ask for advice and see what pieces of equipment have been recommended. I have recently had a very productive and informative conversation with a very experienced shooter and coach. I recommend the site to other club members as a source of top rate advice. I have also used it to buy equipment and have had no problems with the trades. I am concerned that the buy and sell procedure is reliant upon trust as it is difficult to be certain that money or goods have been sent but so far I have not had any problems. 

10 hours ago, Martin S said:

I use the Forum regularly to ask for advice and see what pieces of equipment have been recommended. I have recently had a very productive and informative conversation with a very experienced shooter and coach. I recommend the site to other club members as a source of top rate advice. I have also used it to buy equipment and have had no problems with the trades. I am concerned that the buy and sell procedure is reliant upon trust as it is difficult to be certain that money or goods have been sent but so far I have not had any problems. 

If operating on trust is an issue may be worth looking at using PayPal as their dispute resolution is a lot easier and quicker than banks. You pay a small premium but worth it for peace of mind. Recorded delivery on the sender's end is also worth it for the same reason. Together that removes much of the room for dishonesty.

On 12/03/2023 at 14:06, RAMOS1972 said:

Honesty and commitment above all.

If I were in RAMOS1972's position I would be asking exactly the same questions.  Perhaps any such sellers should be named/shamed and banned?  I've also noticed an increase of late in people offering items for sale but with no price.  Such practice goes against forum rules and needs to be clamped down on.