Ross spotting scope for sale

Bill

I have a Ross 20x spotting scope for disposal. It dates from 1971 (yes seventy-one!), but I only used it for two or three years, and it's been lurking in the back of the cupboard ever since. It is in pretty good condition with both lens-caps present and working.

It's prismatic, but not angled (i.e. straight but offset), so would make an ideal indoor scope, but the famous Ross optics won't give any problems outdoors if you don't mind a straight scope. I only stopped using it because I wanted to convert to an angled configuration. Focus is by twisting the eyepiece.

No fancy sheepskin cover and no stand - just a scope.

I'm looking fo £50 for this - it's a quality piece of kit and works as well today as the day it was bought.

Contact Bill Hamilton - bill3.hamilton@lineone.net or phone me on 0131 453 4083 any time.

• 5 years later...
I have a Ross 20x spotting scope for disposal. It dates from 1971 (yes seventy-one!), but I only used it for two or three years, and it's been lurking in the back of the cupboard ever since. It is in pretty good condition with both lens-caps present and working.

It's prismatic, but not angled (i.e. straight but offset), so would make an ideal indoor scope, but the famous Ross optics won't give any problems outdoors if you don't mind a straight scope. I only stopped using it because I wanted to convert to an angled configuration. Focus is by twisting the eyepiece.

No fancy sheepskin cover and no stand - just a scope.

I'm looking fo £50 for this - it's a quality piece of kit and works as well today as the day it was bought.

Contact Bill Hamilton - bill3.hamilton@lineone.net or phone me on 0131 453 4083 any time.

This is still available if anyone new to the forum since 2003 is interested.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone wanted a picture . . . .

Edited by Bill
Picture removed to save space.