Reasonably Priced Cabinet W/top Safe For Ammo

Hemmers

... theres a bit of time to think about new products ...

Robin,

Don't forget your other projects, like the recovery of the smallbore.info wiki... :o

Guest yardman9
We can get cabinets that look like......... a television cabinet.

Presumably that's wide screen!

Lol,

usually for pistol shooters. :D

Frankonia stock a wide range of gun cabinents that are designed to blend in with the room..

They have a wooden frames of a variety of designs built over the safe.

thats the thing, cant remember who said it, but it needs to be cheap. wooden cabinets etc all very fancy but very expensive for the average club. all i wanted was something that could sensibly holds a reasonable number of rifles for our club and after an exhaustive search i found the cheapest option was 4!

i have seen clubs with a rack in the door which seems logical but no one does it at a reasonable price any more.

my cousin is a smithy and i sent plans to him to make one for me and without man hours he said he could make one but the steel would cost almost as much as getting someone professional to do it. i felt guilty asking him to spend all this time when there was no real saving.

realistiaclly what you need is a 12 rifle cabinet for not much more than £200 with rifles stacked side by side (not in depth or around the side) or on the door. if you did a 20 cabinet even better. i emailed an american company about one but they werent willing to post it.

anyway, sorry, it is a touchy subject. <_<

Your current cabinet is fine though! You just need better internal mountings!

If you built a trolley like frame that would hold the guns and roll in and out that would stop the guns getting damaged and make life easier!

Back on topic; INFAC have a range of safe that fits 7-8 air rifles (depending on how you pack them) and seems to be quite cheap.

• 1 month later...