.22 Lh Target Rifle

jonmalone

I am in the market for a left-handed rifle for .22 prone. I am waiting for another slot to appear on my FAC, but I expect that within a month. Anybody selling anything? Any suggestions where to look for LH kit?

I'm also aware of a school in central Scotland looking for a left-handed rifle - something like an Anschütz 1907 would be ideal.

I have a 1910L left-handed deep foreend for sale. Have one person interested and will be showing him at the Thorn shoot late September (nr Dunstable Beds). Will be back from Malta on 12th Sep. Rifle has had around 7000 rounds through it and great nick.

Can email pictures once returned.

smallbore

Please PM me an email address and I'll send pictures greater than 100kb. Here are a couple to provide some information:

NOTE: Butt hook has been returned to original metal adjustable 'armadillo' type, NOT the illustrated Gemini.

smallbore

post-16-1126562765.jpg

Rifle was purchased in USA whilst I was out there., through Neil Johnston's Gunsmithing. I bought it to stop having to carry my 1810L back and forwards. The rifle has been used for about 50% iron sights and 50% scope. Has won one NRA regional championship, 2nd in two others. I was VERY happy out ther with it. When I brought it back, I had just rebarrelled my 1810L and shot that instead. Trigger is normal Anschutz, no rear sight (Have moved my duguid to my new 2013L). Has simple Anschutz foresight and serviced last about 2 years ago at Bisley. Mattieus didn't like the way the firing pin was ground, so through the old one away and ground a new one.

NO PROBLEMS WITH MISFIRES OR ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT SINCE NEW.

NOTE: Butt hook has been returned to original metal adjustable 'armadillo' type, NOT the illustrated Gemini.

smallbore

post-16-1126563237.jpg

Rifle has normal 1913 barrel and action and adjustable cheekpiece. Barrel is not drilled for scope and have always receiver mounted it.

Here is a low res picture of the complete rifle.

NOTE: Scope is not included

smallbore

post-16-1126602114.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just to inform you that the 1910L was sold two weeks ago.

Shortly will have an 1810L available. Serial number 181447X, born around 1982. One of the first true left-hand Anchutz rifles. I had Border barrel installed in late 1999. S & N butthook, purple ball, duguid rear sight. Normal globe foresight on dovetail. Stock shape just as pictures of 1910, posted before.

Still shoots well. Shot 198 at 100yds in Jersey this year, 19 bulls and pointed one into the 8 ring. Operator error! Average 195 over NSRA long range league and 98.1 NSRA 25yds (outdoor!) Got me to the Roberts Final in 2001.

Reason for sale: 2013 I assembled with Nick Phillips' walnut stock (bought at Bisley) and 2013L barrel and action (I bought a year ago) is shooting great, so I don't need a second or third rifle.

Looking for £525.

Best regards

smallbore