Trigger Shoe And Handstop

I've just got the Anschutz 6225 right now (the most basic one). Distance along the stock from my hand seems fine, but the vertical depth of the handstop isn't good enough (so squashes my palm against the rail)

I was going to try the anschutz 4752 (the one with quick release lever) if anyone thinks it's OK (possibly not worth getting the MEC or something better if I don't need any lateral movement (yet!!).

I've been using the AHG 4752 with the QD lever for three years now and have found it very comfortable. I don't have huge hands so the diameter is just about right. I beleive the depth can be sightly altered too.

Lateral adjustment is useful; the rifle should be sitting over the palm, not on the thumb muscle. With a small centrally mounted handstop such as the 6225 your hand may be too far under the stock, adding to the pressure from already there from the shallow design.

The 4752 it the right size and can be moved into the right place. They are also rather cheaper than the MEC or HPS.

On the downside the finish is not very durable and mine became scuffed from the sling claw.