Wanted: Walther Off Set Sights

Guest weebles

Guest weebles

does anyone know where to get those.... i asked Scott Illingsworth (no reply <_< )

And Joselin (i might have spelled that wrong)

only carries FWB..... for a hefty price and my brother needs FWB off-set sights aw well...

anyone know? :ph34r:

You're in Canada I believe so I would suggest you ask on Patricks site (targetshooting.ca). You may get lucky here but this site has mainly UK based shooters and hence will probably be of limited use in this regard. Have you also contacted Walther direct ti find out who their Canadian agents are ?

Rob.

Centra make offset sight blocks for most makes of rifles - you need to specify the exact diameter of the end of the barrel, and order them up via a Centra agent (or perhaps directly if there isn't one in Canada).

Gehmann also make offset sights and prisms that you can add to make your normal sights offset.

I always feel that offset sights look very fragile and easily damaged if the rifle gets knocked. :blink:

Simon

I always feel that offset sights look very fragile and easily damaged if the rifle gets knocked.

Yes, and WATCH THAT CANT!

The Secretary of my club made himself a set of offset blocks so that he can use the normal sights and the other eye. His job involves precision metalworking, so he had the necessary skills, which I admit many people (me included) wouldn't.

I think it would be wise to clarify what you are looking for!

Do you really mean off set sight blocks so you can shoot say right handed using your left eye or do you mean sight blocks that can be offset a bit in which case I think I rememebr George Nightingale using these at Bisley this year and they were made by MEC. He got in a pickle on one county shoot detail as he ran out of windage and altered them and then could not hit the target at all!

The Secretary of my club made himself a set of offset blocks ....
I've put some photos of his modifications here.

As you can see, the sights are mounted on their side, so the elevation screw adjusts windage, and the windage screw adjusts elevation. He has 3 blocks for the foresight of different heights for 25 yards, 50 m and 100 yards.

It certainly works for him, he got a possible on a league card tonight!

Guest weebles

its just for 10 m air rifle, some people may know him, Cory Niefer; suggested them to me, because i have a problem with canting too much, and he said Off set sights should do the trick,

i can't really explain what else they are, because thats all he said, was you should get some offset sights... i was like Alrighty...

but no one in Canada (Maybe Illingsworth, but he never responds to anything)

anyways,

OK so its slightly offset sight blocks just to help get rid of cant not fully offset sight blocks to shoot with the "wrong" eye. We are assuming that the advice you have been given is right and that butt plate and cheek piece adjustments have already been tried.

As I said earlier I thought MEC made some adjustable offset sights specifically for this but can't see them on their website - Mac any ideas? George has changed his email address and I can't get in touch with him

Guest weebles
OK so its slightly offset sight blocks just to help get rid of cant not fully offset sight blocks to shoot with the "wrong" eye. We are assuming that the advice you have been given is right and that butt plate and cheek piece adjustments have already been tried.

As I said earlier I thought MEC made some adjustable offset sights specifically for this but can't see them on their website - Mac any ideas? George has changed his email address and I can't get in touch with him

yeah, everything else was tried....

so yeah, he got fed up and said get off set sights... so i dunno i trust him...

i found some.... then i realized (before ordering them) they where canting sight things...

:P