Parts For Walther Bolt

Emma

Perhaps this has nothing to do with a ladder!!!

Pure speculation but perhaps the 'bolt' was 'dropped' somewhere other than appropriate for that type of 'equipment'.

Maybe a good clean around the head and further detailed inspection may resolve the issue without the need for penicillin or surgery. :unsure:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked Santa if he could help out with a Bolt,

He said

Merry Christmas Emmas Friend!

Thank you for sending me your email all the way from Uni! HO!! Ho!! ho!! Did you know there are lots of elves in Uni? I hear they like visiting Uni because there's a special boy by the name of Emmas Friend that lives there! (*wink*)

Jumping Jingle Bells, Emmas Friend, you're getting to be quite a big boy! Wow, 20 years old already! Pretty soon you'll be too big to sit on Santa's knee! Well, even though you're getting a little older Emmas Friend, Santa's glad to see you still have the Christmas Spirit. I also hear you've been a really good boy. (Of course, you won't mind if I do a little checking, will you? HO!! Ho!! ho!!).

Let's see what you put in your letter for Christmas wishes: 1. bolt; 2. bolt and; 3. bolt. HO!! Ho!! ho!! I see you wrote "bolt" a couple of times in your letter. I guess you must *really* want that for Christmas! I know we'll do our very best for you, but special requests like yours can sometimes be hard for the elves. So, I hope you won't be sad if you don't get your special request (but I know we'll still try our very best for you)!

Yum! Smells like Mrs. Claus just pulled another batch of cookies out of the oven. HO!! Ho!! ho!! I'll bet she needs help eating them! Take care Emmas Friend and don't forget to come back and visit me here at EmailSanta.com on Christmas Eve!! And remember... only 37 more sleeps until Christmas!!

HO!! Ho!! ho!!

The sun's gone down now so I'm on my home in a while and I'll raise a glass to Trev and Santa and of course Emma's friend and if I have too many I'll probably end up like Trev and start babbling on but hopefully not like Emma's friend who I'm now concerned might have a bend in his bolt that can't be straightened out, especially if he's on the stuff that Trev's on! :D:P

I'd like to know what you've been taking Trev - can I get some or is it on the

banned substance list  ;)

Nah! That's just Trev before a committee meeting. To see Trev after a committee meeting, check out the New Sony Camera in the Light-hearted topic. :D

I think we've taken our eye off the ball here. Was Emma's friend going up, or coming down the ladder? If going up, this suggests premature bolt action, which could cause scoring rates to droop.

Presumably, if dismounting the ladder, dropping the bolt ocurred due to being too relaxed. In this case, would scoring rates increase?

Has anyone any comment about being over-relaxed on the firing point?

The only slight danger of being too relaxed on the firing point is that once your detail is over, you can fall soundly asleep. Whilst a nice little nap is always welcome, the firing point is probably not the place to do it. I guess if its an 'away match' then you might get away with it, but do that on your 'home range' and you'll never hear the end of it.

I guess its all just a question of pacing yourself ... too realxed and you may well nod off (hopefully after youve completed your detail, not before!!) . Too alert, and you tend to rush through your detail and finsh too quickly. If you have the luxury of a non-sqaudded firing point, then I guess being well and truly relaxed is no bad thing, take your time and enjoy the detail, For many shooters though, they simply hire a firing point for a specified time (usually in blocks of 20 minutes with 10 minutes of change over time) so pacing yourself is quite important here to get the best value for money. Its always polite to clean your firing point when you've finished using it. No one like to use a firing point covered in someone leses empty cases ....

Guest ilovemybed

I guess now is the right opportunity to share a piece of advice I heard the legandary cad Leslie Philips once say:

"Always take your weight on your elbows"

However you look at it, its all to do with technique:

Much of this can be learnt with the right instruction, although there are some who are naturals.

Not being that adventurous whilst on the range the three basics are: prone kneeling and standing, the later obviously requires better bolt contol and balance and techniquie than the other 2 and probably only advisable with one more experianced to give guidance on technique and control.

Long range sighting of these activities can provide useful and informative material for future reference, but nothing beats getting down to it ones self.

Remember cleanliness is second only to godliness.

Know one likes a dirty bolt/equipment. It is also respectful to your equipment to carry the appropriate cleaning material.

A good scrub before hand is often advised, a good aid to scoring.

And followed up with a good wipe down afterwards, a smear of oil will protect and enhance your valuable equipment.

Remeber to clear your empties from the area where you have just scored even if your performance was not up to expectations.

Should your performance not be what you expected perhaps you should go back to basics and start again (always fun :) ) Thats if you are up to it of course.

As the majority of shooters, I guess are not in there prime any more it is left to us youngsters to keep the side up.

So to sumerise:

Long range sighting: observing technique

Close range practice: to enhance ones own technique (perfect bolt control etc)

Cleanliness: To ensure consistant scoring ability.

And then there are those without ambition who just like to 'bang' away regardless,

often displaying poor control of there equipment, but it takes all sorts to make the world and as long as they are happy, who are we to judge.

I digress a little:

Em, I hope your friend can find some enlightenment from the above and will now be able to control himself and his equipment a little better in the future :rolleyes:

I think Emma should put us all out of our misery. :unsure:

But you're all enjoying it so much. ;)

I don't think the truth will stop this bunch of sad men (myself included) getting child like pleasure from silly puns.

So you might as well tell.

PS NM2602 the best yet loved it

As a continuation of the previous:

We completely missed out timing:

As we all know this is esential to aid good scoring:

Release timing is esential, you never wnat to release to early as that may cause dissatisfaction amongst the parties concerned, and holding it to long is never good for ones health. Getting in to a good rhythm with a consistant release is alot better than an erratic method.

If stuggling try not to do what seams acceptable at top level sports these days and 'pull out early' this not only knocks your confidence but may disturb the people round you. Focus on technique and you will perform well!!!

:ph34r: